• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email setup issue

I did search, I promise!

Just rooted on Saturday night, spent Sunday playing with Free X10, and now running Eminence. Everything works fantastically, and my Quadrant score is way up, but have run into a weird issue and not sure if it is related to the root stuff.

When I go into the standard email app to set up my real email addresses, everything goes normally until I enter the outgoing mail info. Once I hit the 'next' button from this screen, it says it is 'verifying outgoing mail settings' or something of that nature, and sticks there. I've let it run for 15 minutes, with no progress. The cancel button does not work, and I eventually have to kill the task.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Could be mail restrictions by your provider.

Example, we have 2 major providers in Canada, Bell and Rogers. If I am connected to a Bell network, I am not allowed to use Rogers outgoing mail servers and vice versa. Basically, they do it so people connected to other networks can't spam through them...but also makes sure that people have to connect to them in order for it to work.

Way around it....webmail....sucks.

If you are using a secure SMTP port, your provider might only allow that mail to be sent through their mail servers if you are connected to their network.

Ask your provider....if I am connected to network A, can I use your network B settings to send mail from network A out through network B?

Or you can mess around with other mail servers. Like send emails out through your network B while connected to B, but using network A email address.....in my case, while connected to Bell, I can use Bell's mail server to send out emails using my Rogers account (which used to be allowed....might have locked that down)

So outgoing email might only work on your provider.

Like my Rogers outgoing email server only lets me send through it if I am connected to the Rogers network.

Upvote 0
I did search, I promise!

Just rooted on Saturday night, spent Sunday playing with Free X10, and now running Eminence. Everything works fantastically, and my Quadrant score is way up, but have run into a weird issue and not sure if it is related to the root stuff.

When I go into the standard email app to set up my real email addresses, everything goes normally until I enter the outgoing mail info. Once I hit the 'next' button from this screen, it says it is 'verifying outgoing mail settings' or something of that nature, and sticks there. I've let it run for 15 minutes, with no progress. The cancel button does not work, and I eventually have to kill the task.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

I had this issue, but I just kept trying over and over and eventually it worked

Try clearing cache/data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones