Email setup pissing me off!Support

Last Updated:

1. arock

arock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i have searched all morning for a solution to my problem on multiple forums and websites and im not winning. My Gmail account works great, and I have my aol and yahoo acounts set up no problem (well the yahoo was a little problem but got it to work so thats all that matters). I have 2 other email accounts that no matter what I do I can not get them to work. One is my works email which is handled by a company called network solutions. I can get the incoming server setup fine but I can not get the outgoing to work. The other is my school email which is some sort of msn email account variation (username@email.itt-tech.edu which i log into through msn.com). I cant get anything to work for this accuont. If anyone has any reccomendations on how to fix this please let me know.

Advertisement
  2. cryppie

cryppie Member

I also have an ITT account. Other than checking it through the browser, I found the only other option is to go here and sign up for mobile MSN: Mobile MSN

3. arock

arock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I just wanted to be able to send emails from the account easily. I already have the account forwarded to my gmail so that the emails will be push. It just seems strange that android devices are such a hassle for certain email accounts. Had all of my accounts on my blackberry with out any trouble at all.

4. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

I posted a how to look up "google mail on htc eris"

5. kenobi405

kenobi405 New Member

i found this, and used it to get my itt-tech email setup. hope it helps you and everyone else i know that's struggling with it.

Field Value Incoming POP server
    pop3.live.com
    Incoming POP mail port
    Outgoing SMTP server
    smtp.live.com
    Outgoing SMTP port (primary)
    Outgoing SMTP port (secondary)
    587 (with TLS/SSL Encryption depending on your e‑mail app)
    Incoming uses SSL
    On (this is required)
    Outgoing uses SSL
    On (this is required)
    Authentication
    Password (the password you use to sign in to Hotmail)
    Delete from server
    When removed from inbox
    Leave a copy on the server
    Yes

6. abonney

abonney New Member

Actually... ALL of that is wrong based on the school email now being moved to outlook. USE THIS INFORMATION!

Considering that I am too a ITT Student, and figured this out before I forgot how to find it on the main Live.com site, and where you log-in, it moves to outlook online GAH. It's difficult to find the IMAP/POP information now from them, so I simply post it for everyone anymore.

SERVER INFORMATION:
    Type: Pop3
    Incoming: pod51011.outlook.com SSL, 995
    Outgoing: SMTP: pod51011.outlook.com REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION, 587, TLS <--- REMEMBER THIS. SSL won't work.

LOGON INFORMATION:

Your email: name@email.itt-tech.edu
    Your password: kittiesarecute

I use this email in Microsoft Outlook, when they tell me it doesn't work with the program. Yay hackers!

7. Jay Morris

Jay Morris New Member

If you want IMAP instead of POP and who doesn't really want IMAP over POP just select the IMAP setting and fill
    the pod51011 server in for both send and receive