Email setup questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. skiptio

skiptio New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 16, 2010
    I have a gmail account. That works great on my HTC Incredible. I also have a work email I cannot change it but I want it to work the same on my phone as my gmail account. I am a MS Outlook user, 2007. I have set up a "place holder" gmail account, and have all my email forwarded to the gmail acct. Is there a way in Outlook when I send a work email to have it show up as being sent from instead of I have made all the changes in gmail Accounts and Import tab and and made my work email the default. When I send from gmail or my phone it works great. When I send from Outlook it shows the gmail address. It need it to show my work address. Does this make any sense? On a 1-10 scale of tech savvy I give me a 4. Thanks for the help and please dumb it down for me if possible.

2. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    I am on an exchange server via Outlook at work. I set up a rule in Outlook to 'redirect' all emails (except out of office msgs) to my gmail account. They come to my Incredible via my Gmail account, but I am able to respond as well. However, the response address says ON BEHALF OF That's the best you can do it, as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps.