Email Spam on Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cd499

cd499 New Member This Topic's Starter

How do I Block or delete all the email spam I get on my HTC Droid Eris? I use outlook and set it up with a pop account on my droid eris. I get hundreds of spam emails a day and it seems only option is to delete them. I have seen one spam app but am leary to hand over email pword to the app. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member

I would guess that there are some settings within the web based version of your email. If you log in with hotmail or gmail for example, they have options for spam, I would imagine that most email providers have the same settings.

Better to cut off the spam at its source which is your email account before you have to download it.

Sorry if that didn't answer your question but I am not aware of any good way to do what you want.

3. cd499

cd499 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am using email blockers on my email but the phone for some reason is getting all my emails including the spam.

4. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member

Maybe the spam is getting sent to a spam folder which your phone then downloads?

Not really sure how to stop that one. I do know that if you use K9 mail then you can specify which folders download, maybe that will fix your problem.