• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email stock app - no emails for 3 days.

Filu

Lurker
Mar 14, 2012
Hello,

I'm using the stock email app. I have TWO different email accounts on it, I'm almost always on wifi or 3G and I have 5 minutes refreshing but I often refresh manualy as well.

For three days I did not receive any emails (both accounts). Moreover, the emails I was sending were not arriveing at the destinations (no idea whether they landed in 'sent' folder as I never check it). My inbox started to receive things last night at 0:44 CET+2 time (almost 30 mails came the same moment). Moreover, all the emails I had sent before reached their destinations at the same time. Since then everything works fine.

I'm really worried as the app did not signal any errors and I simply thought no one tries to contact me.

Once again - BOTH accounts (university and common) !! So it cannot be the mail server problem ...

Anyone had similar problem?

Ok I've done some more googling and the problem had already been reported.

1. I mean the stock EMAIL app. Not GMAIL.

2. The problem occurs mostly with the POP accounts (not IMAP) due to overloading of certain data (dunno what)

3. Solutions:
a. simply reboot the phone (or even the app only)
b. clear cache
c. give up and use K-9 or other stuff.

Strange the stock email app does not receive updates so the problems can't be fixed, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones