Email sucks on Hero

Last Updated:

1. Michaeljc70

Michaeljc70 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was hoping coming from my iPhone email would be better. It really isn't.

First off, I know there are other mail clients. None of them support gmail push so they are out.

The Android mail client doesn't even have buttons to move to the next or previous message when viewing a message. EVERY email program has that.

It also doesn't let you specify how large a message to download (you can set # days to sync though).

80% of my email is HTML. I cannot see it without pushing the SHOW PICTURES button. There is no setting I see to automatically display pictures. This is annoying and inexcusable

Advertisement
  2. duckworth

duckworth Member

Just came from an iPhone 3GS and feeling the same way. The fact that I can't zoom out to see the email without scrolling is annoying. Also I hate the fact that I need to use two different mail apps that operate completely different to check my work/personal mail.

3. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

I'm using Gmail in the IMAP configuration using the mail app (disregarding the Gmail app altogether) and it's working out just fine. It's not push, but syncs every 15 minutes - or you can set it to 5 minutes. Has the up/down buttons for moving between emails. Or you can use the K9 mail app which is pretty advanced too.

Android 2.0 will have big improvements in the mail department. Just hang in there.

4. duckworth

duckworth Member

Yeah, I will hang in there. The Android platform is really showing alot of promise. I was tired of the Apple lockdown and having to jailbreak my phone to do the things that I wanted. With a little more polish I think we will have a real winner.

5. mike_cardwell

mike_cardwell New Member

6. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

you can double tap on the text, and it formats the text to fit your screen

7. JirafaBo

JirafaBo Member

I don't use my gmail account but everything I have read is to just use the normal mail app instead of the gmail app (imap). It has back/next buttons and handles the mail pretty well.