• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Sync APP

flyfisher22

Lurker
Dec 22, 2009
Hello
I am a new Droid owner as of yesterday. Great experience so far. I have learned a lot from this site, but have 1 question. Is there an app that will stop my emails from syncing at night? I want to keep the text notification and ringer up, I also want my emails to sync throughout the day. Thought this might be the easiest way but could not find one. Thanks for your help!

Cameron

Get LOCALE and set it to turn off all synchronization, GPS and wifi overnight. GREAT app for managing a variety of phone features from notifications to wallpapers depending on geographical location, time, contact, etc. There are tons of plugins for it too, so you can make it do even more stuff.

Upvote 0
Get LOCALE and set it to turn off all synchronization, GPS and wifi overnight. GREAT app for managing a variety of phone features from notifications to wallpapers depending on geographical location, time, contact, etc. There are tons of plugins for it too, so you can make it do even more stuff.

I downloaded LOCALE. Nice app, but it does not give me an option to turn off synchronization. Doas anyone know where this option is within the app or maybe have another app I can try. Thanks for your help.

Cam

Upvote 0
Do a search for 'Locale' in the marketplace and you will see all the plug-ins come up too. These add additional Conditions and Settings that you can choose from. The 'Sync' option is just a plug-in.

You can also hit the MENU button when in the main Locale screen where it lists allyour situations and then choose the 'Get Plug-Ins' option - this will take you directly to all the Locale plug-ins that are available in the marketplace. Some very handy stuff in there.

Upvote 0
Using thes plug-ins I have a number of things that happen to my phone depending on location and/or time. At night all my sounds turn off and all the battery hogging features shut down as well. BUT, if certain people call me, the ringer turns all the way up so I am sure to not miss an emergency call in the middle of the night. This is THE BEST app out there for this sort of stuff, but yes, its not all that intuitive if its your first experience with this sort of functionality and the Android OS. I really wish there were better documentation for the Marketplace apps and how to use them without having to go to the developer websites. Even the websites dont have all that much documentation sometimes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones