• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Sync time vs automatic?

packinnova

Lurker
Jul 5, 2012
MODEL: SAMSUNG SGH-I747
ANDROID VERSION: 4.0.4
BASEBAND VERSION: I747UCLEM
KERNEL VERSION:
3.0.8-599060-USER
se.infra@SEP-84 #1
SMP PREEMPT Tue May 22 02:16:30 KST 2012
BUILD NUMBER: IMM76D.I747UCALEM
CARRIER: ATT
DATA PLAN: UNLIMITED

Anyone know how to get the email sync to only sync on a timed schedule vs automatically all the time? With my old Galaxy S I could set the sync time to every 10 minutes, 15 minutes, hour, etc... and that cut down the battery consumption considerably.

It seems on this new S3(and I'm not sure if it's the S3 or if its something in the new ICS), the only sync options are always on or always off. Has anyone found an option to push/pull email on a schedule?

I've already cut down on most stuff(turned off SVoice, bluetooth, GPS, feeds, turned on powersave, wifi, cut down the screen timeouts, turned off haptic etc...)

Are you using a GMail app or the built-in Exchange? I thought with the Exchange there was an option (I don't use Exchange), whereas with GMail it is virtually instant...

Maybe another software like TouchDown, can help.

Both apps are set to "push" by default, until you change them.

Reactions: naviwilliams
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones