Email to SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm unable to receive texts when people email myphonenumber@vtext.com

I spoke to Verizon tier 2 and they seem to think it's an issue with the phone.

I don't really think so though.

I sent 1 email to both my number and a friends number @vtext.com and he got it and I didn't, so I know it's nothing to do with the way I'm sending the email.

Sending to myphonenumber@vzwpix.com does work. Unfortunately, I'm trying to sign up for mobile defense and they send an authorization text to myphonenumber@vtext.com.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

Is it safe to assume that you both have Dinc's?

What happens when you send a message the other way? SMS to Email. If that works.. Click reply and send something back.

3. lexluthor

He has the original Droid.

I just tried your test and the text sent from my dinc to my regular email address was received, when I replied back to that from my desktop client, it did not come back to the phone as a text. No error at all.

I have tried sending from different email addresses, smtp servers, programs. None of that should really matter since my text where I sent 2 users an email to sms at the same time and the other person got it, validates it's not an issue with the sending part of this.

It just looks like VZW has @vtext.com disabled for my number somehow. I don't really see what else it could be.

4. lexluthor

Ok. Figured it out. I must have signed into vtext.com long ago and disabled sending email to sms.

It had to be something like that. You'd think Tier 2 at VZW could have come up with that pretty quickly. I even asked if there was a way that email to sms could have been blocked for my phone.

I'm good now. Sorry.