1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

email to textSupport

1. eturner1572

eturner1572 New Member

i just got my warp and i love it, its a great phone, my first android phone, and i get email to text from my dispatch, since i am on the fire department, and i want to set up a ringtone for that email, so when i get a call and it sends me an email my certain tone goes off and i know i have a call. but i am having trouble doing this, i have the email saved in my contacts but it wont let me set a ringtone because there's no phone number

Advertisement
  2. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

When the email comes in, in text form...is there a shortcode that displays that you can put in as a number? That way when you get the text from that number you'll have the "Contact" saved and can assign a separate ringtone for that?

Edit in mid posting thought: BTW, I don't believe the stock "Contacts" allows you to set separate ringtones for contacts in the first place. I use Contacts+ myself, I am currently testing this for you to see if I can get it to work on a test basis...you should be able to do this using the contacts+ app and have no problems.
  3. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

stock contacts does indeed let you pick a custom ringtone a and picture...

Edit: unless that was changed between boost and public version but i doubt it...

Is it an email or a text that notifies you?
  4. SicFreak

Hmm, I haven't been stock for quite a while, but I swore that you couldn't set contact specific ringtones, but I could be wrong on that. Stock was to bland for me anywho.
  5. eturner1572

eturner1572 New Member

it comes to me as a text, they send it by email to my phone number and when i get it, it's a text.
    but i have it saved in my contacts and i have a custom ringtone set for it but it wont go off when i get a call
  6. SicFreak

Do you have the short code saved??
  7. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

What you're doing is probably setting up a ringtone for calls not SMS. You need to change the notification ringtone. I don't believe the warp can set separate tones for SMS contacts without an app like GOSMS.