email virus on Samsung Galaxy S?Support

Last Updated:

1. revoker007

revoker007 New Member

I moved from iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S about 2 months ago. Up to now, I've loved the Samsung and Android (version 2.1) but I now have a problem that I don't know how to fix.

I installed a new gmail acccount in the Email application. It suddenly closed and all my email account info was lost when I reopened it. I reentered my account details (one gmail account and one IMAP work account). I decided to email myself to make sure everything was working ok - the email was sent, and the subject line was correct, but the body of the email seemed to be a random message that I think may have been in my inbox from ages back. This happens when I email within and between accounts, ie IMAP account to IMAP account, gmail account to gmail account, IMAP to gmail and gmail to IMAP. This problem only occurs on my 'phone and not when I access these accounts from my PC.

I'm really not sure what to do. Any ideas? I would rather not reset everything if at all possible, as I've installed a lot of apps and media content (music, podcats, etc).

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D

I'll move your question to a more appropriate place for it. :)
    revoker007 likes this.
  3. LauraF

LauraF New Member

Where did you move the above question to and is there an answer somewhere on this site? I am having exactly the same problem!

4. pietjuhhh1990

pietjuhhh1990 Well-Known Member

I have gmail on my sgs aswell but with me it works fine.
    Have you tried updating to android 2.2.1?

And if you think it's a virus or someting install avg mobile from the market ;)
  5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You can also try a third party email app. I am using k9 email client.
  6. 2011AndroidX

2011AndroidX New Member

anyone get a email virus that stops sync with email's coming in and replicates
    the existing emails ( 6 of each )
    how can i reset to factory settings?

7. Lucky096

Lucky096 Member

I used Kaspersky Mobile Secuirty for Android that quite safe and can check email when it coiming into my inbox - when detect then it automatch delete. It does work on Samsung GS prefect...
  8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Does android email virus even exist yet?

Go to settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and wipe the data for the email client.