• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Web Page Content

I dont really see what benifit this would have over sending a link..

Thanks for the response... The main reason for me would be to send pages (for instance long news pages) to my work computer (which has restricted internet access) for easier viewing.

I haven't seen this on another smart phone, but I thought in some situations it could be quite useful.

I did try saving the page with Opera Mini and then emailing the file as an attachment but it was a complete mess, not pure HTML.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response... The main reason for me would be to send pages (for instance long news pages) to my work computer (which has restricted internet access) for easier viewing.

I haven't seen this on another smart phone, but I thought in some situations it could be quite useful.

I did try saving the page with Opera Mini and then emailing the file as an attachment but it was a complete mess, not pure HTML.

There might be an option to save content if you use some of the various RSS readers, I haven't tried them. Can you access them from work?

And just so I'm clear...you are on your mobile android, and find a great article that you don't wish to read on the mobile? Why? And so you wish the content could be moved to a work computer which allows any email content to come through despite having web browsers locked down?

FYI - a friend of mine's brother in law was just fired due to a zero tolerance policy on personal use of a work PC. He was their best sales person and on pace to win his third trip to Hawaii. He was stunned. I have no idea "what" they found, but just a thought.

I would probably just find mobile versions and read it on my android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones