• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wondering if anyone knows of a good email widget similar to the stock sense one.
I currently am using helixlauncher, and this is the one item I truly miss about sense.

TYIA

I'm using pure messenger and it's pretty nice. You can combine SMS/Facebook/Twitter/E-mail messages, and configure it to open the application of your choice when you tap on a message, i.e. you tap an e-mail it opens gmail, you tap a text it opens Handcent.

It's got some skins built in, too, so you can customize the look.

They have a calendar I'm using, too, called pure calendar.

I'm using them in conjunction with GDE, which I found much more customizable than helix launcher. I tried Helix, OpenHome, and GDE, and definitely prefer GDE to the rest.

I didn't like OpenHome mostly because it is a memory hog, even though I found it the most customizable of the three. It was force closing on me constantly (probably because I run too many widgets, but I can run them with no problem using GDE).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones