Email will not loadSupport

1. jay1956

jay1956 New Member

Hi,
    I am a new member. I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 for about 1.5 years. my main computer stopped working recently and I have been using the SGT heavily for email. I can send email. But new email stopped loading several days ago. One time before this happened and I got rid of everything in the trash folder and got rid of about half the sent folder and about half of the emails in the inbox folder. Then it worked again. This time I tried the same thing and it still will not download email. I use frontier.com as my ISP and email provider. Any help much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jay

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Jay. Nice tab, the 10.1. It looks like you need to go into Application Manager and clear cache on all social networking apps (Facebook, Gmail, stock email, etc, even news and weather apps/widgets).

Then reboot.

Also, a wipe of the cache partition via recovery menu can go a long way in increasing resources/storage space.

Recovery mode/menu is available thus:

Press and hold both the Volume Down and Power buttons on your tablet.

Release the two buttons when you see the two icons on the screen.Use the Volume Down button to navigate between the icons.Highlight the icon on the left (box).Press the Volume Up button to select it and boot into recovery mode.