Email wont deleteSupport

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

this one email that i have i tried to delete but wont let me delete i use the email app with my aol account..the email is not on the aol server it cant even be opened on my phone it just shows it there ive tried to delete it ive restarted the phone and it wont go away...any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

Same here, it's not on Gmail but on yahoo. Oddly, yahoo does not show it in the inbox but in the deleted folder. I deleted the delete on yahoo and still no luck on the Droid, it's still there.
  3. bh8690

bh8690 Member

on phone, msn account shows that there is one item in deleted folder...when viewing the folder there is no item and there is no was to clear that item (delete and/or refresh does nothing).
  4. gfweb

gfweb Member

me too. I have about 30 copies of one email that won't delete. wtf
  5. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Does AOL use POP3 for its e-mail?
  6. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

7. Ruck

Ruck New Member

won't delete, always comes back as new, read or not read random ones are still new. eventually won't check email automatically, has to be done manually. won't open emails, hangs forever....on and on and unacceptable. Verizon told me it was a problem with Pop3 on my Yahoo business mail account in particular - that this issue was with Yahoo.

I have a gmail account because they created it at the store (my husband bought my phone) so I click the link above and can log it but how do I STAR the issue??? Sorry, just don't see this option and I need to report this. This has to be resolved or I need to return the phone.
  8. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

after you log in there should be a star on the left hand side. just click on it to make it gold.

I really want this to be fixed to. :)
  9. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

+1 Just click on star to make it gold and that will do the trick. It is surprising that Google hasn't fixed this already. Almost seems like they don't want to fix it.
  10. Brasil

Brasil New Member

This reply is too late to help those who originally posted but may help others who run across the same problem. It requires having at least one email account other than the one with problems.
    1) Make sure your "good" account is default (when this account is being viewed go to settings and mark it as default if it isn't already)
    2) Delete the "bad" account
    3) Create new account (recreate the account you just deleted)

This works even if you have calendars and other things connected to the account you deleted because by the time they re-sync the account will be back on your phone. You can manually re-sync if you want just to check.
    I did it with an IMAP account, POP3 will work but may require re-managing old files after you re-create account