EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. Techdroid

Techdroid Member This Topic's Starter

I have switched to the K-9 email app. and I think I like it better so far. My problem is that I can't get the stock email app. to quit working. I have deleted server settings, port setting, & email address. It resets all the info. back. I have turned it off in settings. It comes back on. I really don't want to reset the phone and lose all my apps. if I don't have too. Someone help please...

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

why not just silence the notifications and forget about the stock app? it will stay in sync with K9 as long as you have K9 set to delete from server when removed from the phone.
    Thats how I'm running it anyway.

3. Techdroid

Techdroid Member This Topic's Starter

I like to be notified. If I delete from the server, it will keep me from getting them on my laptop when I get home. Correct? Is there a way to turn the the notification on the stock email app. only?

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

That's what the poster was saying. Turn off the notifications in the stock email app. Go into it's settings and find notifications and then turn them off. I would assume K-9 has it's own settings.

To answer your questions about deleting from server we would have to know if you are using IMAP or POP3 for email.

IMAP is what I typically use because then multiple clients can be in "sync". For example if I delete something on my laptop it will disappear from my phone as well.