Emailed VRZ about $99 Droid

Last Updated:

1. mikespe

mikespe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I emailed Verizon yesterday regarding the $99 Droid that other retailers were offering (I sent them the link to Wirefly with my email). I asked them if they would price match since I paid $199 in their online store. Here is the response I received:

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Interesting. I bet it's just a premade email they send out. Phone companies hate when you don't buy phone from them or one of there partners.

3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nope, there's truth in that.

Basically 3rd party is selling at cost, or near cost where you must sign up for a plan of at least $$$ per month, and their restrictions could be on top of the VZ restrictions in some cases.

I'm feeling really dirty that I bought my droid at BB for $150 now :)

4. hiway

hiway Active Member

Competitors? LOL! Verizon pays them a finder fee of sorts and that is why those conditions even exist in the first place.

TOO FUNNY!

5. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

Well this is completely consistent with the stance vzn took when I tried to get a price match. At least they are reading from the same script.

6. Silverwing

Silverwing Well-Known Member

consistency is only good if it is not suck. I should return my droid, pay the restocking fee, and get one for $99. I'd still save 70 bux. I just don't wanna risk getting a lemon, since I hear a lot of the droids out there are defective.