Emailing RingtonesTips

Last Updated:

1. bmidd

bmidd New Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this on Android Central and apparently no one knows an answer or cares.
    Here is the issue I'm having, coming from a BB Curve, you can email yourself ring tones or email them to a friend from your device. I tried to email myself a ring tone on my Fascinate and it comes through, gives you the option to preview it, but no option to save it to the sd card. Does anyone know how to do this? I ask because I have friends that swap ring tones around and it is now impossible to do this for me.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. bmidd

bmidd New Member This Topic's Starter

Figured it out in case someone else needs help with it!

Ok, here is how it is done. It can't be done with the Gmail shortcut. You have to open up a browser window and open Gmail.com that way. When you see the attachment just press it on your phone screen. It will then be downloaded into your "My Files" folder in the downloads sub folder. From there you can press and hold to pull up options and then choose Move. Move it to your folder you store your ring tones in, if it's a picture then put it in a gallery folder or whatever you choose. It can then be emailed out by creating a message and attaching it. Hope this helps you, I've been cursing this phone all day today. I had a couple friends that wanted the new Deuces ring tone I made and i couldn't sent it out!!!
    Brian

3. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

4. kduff

kduff New Member

Okay, I know I'm totally clueless here, but hopefully someone can help! I was able to copy an .mp3 file (ringtone) from my messages to the SD card, but that's as far as I can get. How do I access what's on the card, and how to I add it to my list of ringtone options?

5. kduff

kduff New Member

Well, I figured it out sort of by accident, which I think is how most of the learning about this phone is going to happen. I opened my music files and saw that my ringtone file was there. When I pressed it and held it, I was given the option to make it my ringtone. So, I have it now, but I am still amazed at how counter-intuitive all the smart phones seem to be. Very frustrating.