Emaill acct and folders??Tips

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my yahoo acct I have like 40 folders. Is there any way to view them from the mail app?

Advertisement
  2. wrecklass

wrecklass Well-Known Member

I haven't used yahoo in a decade (wow, just realized.) If it is still pop3 based, then no you won't see anything other than the inbox. If you can access it via imap, then you should be able to subscribe to all of your folders.

Putty likes this.
  3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One more thing Apple does better. DAMMIT!

4. fofy21

fofy21 Member

Not the best solution, but I use the mobile yahoo mail webpage (m.yahoo.com).

It allows for viewing folders, etc.

I just added it as a bookmark, and then put that bookmark link on my homepage.

5. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

NOT SO!! I just installed the free Mail App K-9 Mail and currently have FIVE email accounts running (2 Bellsouth; 3 Yahoo) and I CAN SEE all my folders!! This app is MUCH MUCH better than the stock EVO Mail app or the Yahoo mail app. I have a NON-"Plus" regular old yahoo account and can see EVERYTHING!!

When you enter your Yahoo email information the app AUTOMATICALLY assigns an IMAP account setting and, voila, I got ALL MY FOLDERS!!

There are ALOT of settings possible with the K-9 App but try it...I think its what you're looking for.

Scott