Emails, 3G, Maps - help & tips neededSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nestea

Nestea Member This Topic's Starter

Hello X10-ers

First of all, the problem might be only because I don't know how to set up my phone. It is my first smart / android phone. So please cut answers like "check settings or L2use your phone etc"

I am trying to find an answer for the following issues:

1) My email client - default client pre-instaled is not working as expected, I set up incoming + outcoming servers correctly - confirmed by email provider as well as my operator. I can receive emails ( with 3hours automatical check I never got a single notification regarding new email ) but the problem is that I CANNOT SEND EMAILS:mad:, well I can, but they never arrive ! I have tried this several times and failed. Any tips on this one ?

2) Google Maps or any other map / navi application from market is working only when I am connected to Wi-Fi... Is there any offline possibility ? like a downloadable offline map ? Also I am confused about my 3G connection is not working with this application...but more to 3G at point no. 3

3) 3G connection not working as expected - I can browse internet with it, acces my email or facebook through the browser. But when I try the facebook client pre-instaled it never connects, nor does meebo (icq), google maps or market. It says something similar to "connection timedout" or "server packet not connected". If it would be a case of wrong settings then it probably wouldn't browse the internet, would it?

Otherwise I am happy with my first android phone, it has few bugs. But give me a perfect freshie on market

Looking forward to your answers

Luke
    SE X10 Black

Advertisement
  2. McChicken

McChicken Member

3. Nestea

Huh ?
    I don't need a simulater when I have X10 at home. I need help with these, official support said : update your firmware. So I did and nothing changed :((

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

1. What mail service are you using. It's not sending because something is not set up right on the outgoing settings

2 and 3. You have not set up your 3G APN right. I can help but I need to know who you have service with.

5. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

yup....sounds like apn

Nestea likes this.
  6. Nestea

Hey, I have contract with O2 Czech Republic, and my email provider is Seznam ? Najdu tam, co nezn

7. Nestea

everything solved...

the problem was in the default settings by the operator.
    ( my lack of knowledge :) well K770i -> X10i is a huge hyperspace jump in technology )

spent few hours looking for informations all over internet and found all I needed, APN etc. ( O2, email )

Thanks to all who spent their time reading and trying to help.

Happy X10er !