Emails always marked unreadSupport

1. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have looked through. Before I updated my software to ice cream sandwich, my phone synchronised with my emails and identified which had been viewed either on the phone or via a computer. Now it doesn't appear to do that and only marks the emails as read if they are read on the phone. Emails that are read on a computer are marked as unread on the phone. It is very frustrating. I set it to push sync every day. Any help please???

Advertisement
  2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

In GB, the account have to be set up as a premium account to have changes shown in both phone and server. Not sure about ICS, so maybe you can try deleting the account and setting it up again to see if the same can be done.

Cheers
  3. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

I have deleted it and set it up a few times but it didn't fix it. I couldn't find how to set it up as a premium account but there was a "p" in a gold star next to the name which I thought looked like it was set up as premium.
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Don't have ICS so can't help much, but the P with the star is indicative that it is a premium account. Hopefully someone with ICS would come along with a solution.

Cheers.
    Doodlydoo likes this.
  5. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

6. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

Well I deleted it again and now can't reinstall it, the error message comes up "unable to connect to server".
  7. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

If anyone is still with me! I have reinstalled my hotmail it is marked as a premium account. It is still showing all the emails as unread
  8. grubb241

grubb241 New Member

Im having the same problem it's a nightmare as I use my phone for work !! can anyone help
  9. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

It seems we are not the only ones, a few people have posted a similar problem.

Has anyone had any luck resolving this? Is there a way I can contact Samsung about it? Do they have a tech support line?
  10. Doodlydoo

Doodlydoo Active Member

I installed the free hotmail app and this works great. I contacted samsung who suggested restoring it to factory settings which i cba to do.