Emails automatically being deleted

Last Updated:

1. yanQT

yanQT New Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that my Desire is automatically deleting my emails from my inbox after a few days. I've tried looking in the obvious places to change this but without any luck.

I'm not using a gmail account just my own private email account for my emails.

How can I change my email account so that I decide when to delete emails from my account?

Many thanks
    Yan

Advertisement
  2. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

I have never got on with HTC mail, use gmail.

It easy to set it up to receive and send from your personal email address.

Sign in to gmail on your desktop, click settings, click add account in the top bar, the rest is easy.

I get email from 3 different addresses and gmail will reply from the same email address to which it was sent. I never use my @gmail.com address.

yanQT likes this.
  3. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

There is a setting which allows you to decide how long to display your emails for. Something like retrieve mail from 3 days etc. You need to set it to show all mail and they will magically all reappear!

yanQT and belso like this.
  4. belso

belso Member

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know about that.

5. yanQT

Thanks wuthton, I'll give gmail a go and see how I get on, however there must be a way of keeping your emails on the Desire without getting them deleted automatically. cupidstunt may have the answer.

6. yanQT

Thanks cupidstunt. I tried this before:
    From my Desire email inbox: Menu --> More --> Settings --> Send & Receive --> Download Options --> I then select 'By Days' and set this option to 'All'. However somehow none of my previously deleted email magically reappear. Am I looking in the right place on my phone?

7. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

Worked for me. Have you logged into your gmail account via the internet to see if the emails are still there. Also make sure you've synced your account after changing the settings.