emails being removed from phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. redlinezak

redlinezak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I receive an email on my desire as soon as I receive it on my laptop it disappears from the phone. By internet is my isp and I am on Orange with my phone. Can anyone tell me how to stop them being removed from the phone.
    Thanks
    Nath

Advertisement
  2. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

Are you using POP3 or IMAP? Does downloading email on your laptop delete it from the server? The latter will cause the effect you're seeing (because the Desire syncs with the server), but there are also some issues with POP3 on the default mail ap which can cause emails to randomly disappear before you even read it. Switching to IMAP fixes this issue.

3. hvdwinden

hvdwinden Member

redlinezak likes this.
  4. redlinezak

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am using outlook 2007. I had a blackberry before and emails were retained on the phone even when i read them on my laptop however i have just been in and checked the settings in my outlook and adjusted them to 'leave a copy on the server'. I did try changing to IMAP but the phone then said that there was a problem with my server authentication or something so i reverted to pop.
    I will see if the outlook change has fixed the problem and if not then maybe i will need a little help correctly configuring IMAP.

Thanks

Nath

5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

are you sure they arent just being hidden? the phone will only display emails for the last 3 days by default, you can change that in the mail apps settings to 7 days or more for example.

6. redlinezak

It seems that changing the settings in outlook to leave the messages on the server has fixed the problem so i will see how it goes for a couple of days

Thanks

Nath

7. ikan

ikan New Member

Hello, I have a question related to this post.

Due to lack of phone memory, I changed the settings on my HTC desire from - keep emails for 2 weeks, to 'keep 100 emails'.

It worked great, i now have more free memory...

just one BIG problem:

the phone deleted about 1 weeks worth of NEW emails, and kept the old ones!

Worse than that - it also deleted the same emails from Outlook 2010 on my PC.

So my question is - How do I get my emails back?!

Thanks in advance.