• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help emails being removed from phone

Are you using POP3 or IMAP? Does downloading email on your laptop delete it from the server? The latter will cause the effect you're seeing (because the Desire syncs with the server), but there are also some issues with POP3 on the default mail ap which can cause emails to randomly disappear before you even read it. Switching to IMAP fixes this issue.

Upvote 0
Reactions: redlinezak
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am using outlook 2007. I had a blackberry before and emails were retained on the phone even when i read them on my laptop however i have just been in and checked the settings in my outlook and adjusted them to 'leave a copy on the server'. I did try changing to IMAP but the phone then said that there was a problem with my server authentication or something so i reverted to pop.
I will see if the outlook change has fixed the problem and if not then maybe i will need a little help correctly configuring IMAP.

Thanks

Nath

Upvote 0
Hello, I have a question related to this post.

Due to lack of phone memory, I changed the settings on my HTC desire from - keep emails for 2 weeks, to 'keep 100 emails'.

It worked great, i now have more free memory...

just one BIG problem:

the phone deleted about 1 weeks worth of NEW emails, and kept the old ones!

Worse than that - it also deleted the same emails from Outlook 2010 on my PC.

So my question is - How do I get my emails back?!

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones