1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Emails display header, but not bodySupport

Last Updated:

1. dignan

dignan New Member This Topic's Starter

One of our employees has a strange problem with his Exchange email account.

Each email displays only the sender information and the subject line. The body is completely empty.

I tried removing the account and adding it again, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Which email app are you using? Their is probably a setting to download headers only.

3. aluap

aluap New Member

Has anyone solved this problem? My droidx with the stock email app was working fine with my pop yahoo but now only displays sender and subject line.

UPDATE: After discovering the Settings>Manage applications>All>Email (the stock Email)> appliction info page (yes you do have to crawl through that cave to get here) I found a button that said Clear data. When I pressed it, it gave me the warning from hell and since the app was not working properly anyway, i said OK. I then went back to my email and all of a sudden I was getting the body of my emails again. Hope this helps someone else that gets into stock email header, no body trouble

4. mrh3

mrh3 New Member

I used this process today, 4/24/12 and it solved the problem. thanks for the info

5. tpapastylianou

tpapastylianou New Member

I can confirm this as well; note that this means you need to re-enter all the imap / smtp server settings.