Emails: Gmail & Sending mail as (different email)Support

Last Updated:

1. Sherds

Sherds New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just left the BlackBerry world. Been an avid Gmail user and I own my own business. Emails sent to my business email is forwarded to my Gmail account. In Gmail, you can respond to emails as if it was coming from the business email (server). This was a simple sync I had with Blackberry emails.

However, I'm finding difficulties setting up the same thing for my new HTC Incredible (Verizon provider). Can someone please offer a solution? I appreciate the advice! :cool:

Advertisement
  2. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have mail from my church (where I'm a youth pastor), mail from my school (where I'm a teacher) and personal mail all dumping into the same Gmail account for convenience. I'd love to be able to choose which email address I send mail from when using my phone as I can when I'm on my PC.

3. Soccerdude588

Soccerdude588 Well-Known Member

I've been hoping for the exact same thing. Something to tell google about.

I have a 4 e-mail accounts total that are all mashed into 1 gmail account.

4. Old Member

While I hate to go to 3rd party apps when it seems it could (and should) be an easy fix for the developers at Gmail, K9 Email does this very well. I set up my account with my Gmail (Integrated Box), my School email and my Church email. Now if I want to send and email from my school addresss, I open the email in my school account and reply, etc. etc. Hope that helps as a work around until it's "officially" fixed by Gmail.

5. Soccerdude588

Soccerdude588 Well-Known Member

Just posted this on

Google Product Ideas

It's google's product ideas site. Where people can read many ideas and vote yes or no to ideas, whether they think it is good or not.

It just seems silly to me that the gmail app can't do this.

To search for it, go to that site and on the left click where it says 'Other'

Since it's pretty new you can just click where it says 'New Ideas' and search for it. To vote you have to sign in to your gmail account if you aren't already. If enough people vote, it will get more popular, and increase the likelihood of a response/update, if they aren't already working on this that is.

Below is the exact idea. I was limited to 250 characters, so it's pretty short.

"Just like gmail for a desktop, we should be able to compose email and reply to email as though we're on whatever other accounts we have linked with the gmail account"

6. dyrut

dyrut New Member

In my gmail account, the default is to send from forwarding address (non-gmail account) this is found in the web based gmail settings. When replying to a received mail from phone, it will look like it is from the address it was received on.

7. dbrits

dbrits Well-Known Member

This is true. I have all mail sent to my Yahoo! account forwarded to my Gmail account. In Gmail's setting, I have my Yahoo! account set as my default account, and for replies to be sent from the account to which the email was originally sent. However, if an email is sent to my Gmail address, when I reply, the reply comes from my Yahoo! address. Ideally, I would like the reply to come from the account to which the email was sent, so if an email is sent to my Gmail address, the reply comes my Gmail address and not my Yahoo! account.

Now if the Gmail app would simply let me pick which account I would like to use, this wouldn't be a problem.

8. mac_girl

mac_girl Member

I have a bunch of accounts forwarded to my gmail account. When I respond to a gmail on my Android phone, it always responds from my default Gmail account. A lot of times the email ends up in someone's spam folder because they sent it to one account and a different account replies.

9. Old Member

In the latest update of Gmail you can FINALLY send from multiple accounts! Yaay Google! Thanks for updating the app to do what it should have done since it was released.

[​IMG]

10. elguapo

elguapo Active Member

I would also like to send emails from multiple addresses in gmail, like you can with gmail on a computer, but I still can't on my inc. I know gmail has the technology because my friend with an evo can. I have 2.2 running, is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks.

11. saltiel

saltiel Member

This is the ONE THING that I need to make my Nexus S fully functional. Three email accounts going through gmail to my phone and responding properly (not as gmail every time.)

Is there a setup option hidden somewhere in the android gmail client that will do this? I am running 2.3.3 and cannot find it!!

12. saras

saras New Member

Saltiel -
    I just figured this out!
    The newest version of gmail for Android (version 2.3.4.1) has this feature and it is as easy to use as on the computer version.
    Just go to the android store and download the latest gmail app.