emails not being receivedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jegas

Jegas Member This Topic's Starter

My gmail has been weird for some reason the past few days and hasn't been refreshing as set in my settings. Anyone else having a problem like this?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Have you made sure the sync settings are fine?

Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Make sure the gmail box is ticked -> try un-ticking it then re-selecting.

Restart your phone and see if the problem persists :)

3. Jegas

I thought because of the two notifications that come through on the phone when email is received, that we were to uncheck that gmail box?

4. mpaquette

mpaquette Well-Known Member

I started having problems sometime this week with my Gmail arriving on my phone. It shows up in Gmail if I log in with a PC, but it doesn't show up on my phone. I checked my sync settings on the phone and all of the boxes were checked. So what I ended up doing was turning off sync on the phone, restarting the phone, waited about 5 minutes and then turned sync back on. It's been fine since. Not sure what's going on.

5. Jegas

Thanks, I'll try that. Maybe just a little malfunction. It happens every now and again, even though it makes me crazy. Haha

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

You shouldn't get 2 notifications for every email received.

But this must be on to receive your email :)

7. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

I have a gmail account setup throught the mail app and just recieve 23!!!! unread emails from monday until today(friday). I have already read these on my computer but it say they are unread and new on my app on the phone.

anyone have any ideas on how to fix.

8. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

I don't use the gmail much, but I just tested with wifi on/3G off and I don't receive any gmail alerts. I then set it to wifi on/3G on (which still makes the wifi icon come on), still no alerts after an hour. I set it wifi off/3G on and I get the alerts. I thought it worked over wifi before?

If I start gmail and click Menu > Refresh it will download the email.

But, it doesn't seem to get the notification bar alerts or refresh on it's own when wifi is on.

This also happens to me a lot when using Market trying to install new things. If I have wifi on, it seems like 1/2 the time it won't install. If I disable wifi and use 3G, then it work almost every time.

9. annieloux

annieloux New Member

I've been having this issue off and on for the past couple of days as well. It's driving me nuts.

I'll refresh manually, turn off my phone then turn it back on. Things work and then stop after awhile.

10. SUPERSPORT

SUPERSPORT Active Member

I only get my Gmail when I go on Latitude and refresh my friends. WTF?

What does Latitude have to do with Gmail?

Just did it and got mail that was sent yesterday. I looked and all mine are checked. I did the uncheck/check restart.

11. annieloux

annieloux New Member

I've been reading that Advanced Task Killer screws a lot of things up, even for the programs you have it ignore.

I stopped using it and my notifications have been working with no issues.. and it seems to have no impact on my battery life.