1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Emails truncated when sending from gmail app

Last Updated:

1. kkrathi

kkrathi Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi I am having a problem sending emails from the gmail app on android when I forward a message.

I am a corporate google apps user and was able to set up my email account on the gmail app on my samsung captivate. I did not use the stock email app because it does not have push, while gmail app does.

Anyways, getting back to the issue. When I forwarded messages using the gmail app, and cced myself to a non-gmail address just to test if the message does indeed go through, I noticed something wrong/weird. The messages are truncated!

I know there have been a few threads about this where users claim that the messages only appear truncated but they are in fact delivered in full to the recipient. But I didn't see that. When I send to myself as explained above on a non-gmail address, I still saw the message as truncated in the inbox of my non-gmail account!

What gives?

I thought there might be a setting that can restrict the size of message or that restricts something about forwarding a message. Didn't find anything like that.

Does anyone know a solution to above problem? Will truly appreciate it.