1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

emails very slow if at allSupport

1. NexusTootsie

NexusTootsie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's my lack of knowledge, but I find this is the case with my phone as well, my emails (gmail and cox) give me maybe two or three at a time, if that, sometimes it's mail I received on my laptop an hour before. sometimes I don't see the mail at all when it's cox.net mail. (gmail always shows up within 24 hrs)

is this the preinstalled app? is there another app I can use? is it a setting?

I hope this is okay - I'm going to ask the same question in the galaxy nexus forum as well, because I'm having the same problem, particularly with my cox account which shows as hardly having any mail at all although I get at least twenty or so a day.

btw, my husband has no problems with his transformer and his cox. email so it's not a cox thing. It's something, though.

If anyone replies, I'll respond later or tomorrow. We have to go out for a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I found the stock app to be temperamental with push Gmail so I just use the specific gmail app. I know others have had the same problems too, but I don't think it afects everyone. It's a shame because I really liked the default mail apps widget.

For your Cox stuff, have you tried something like K9?
    NexusTootsie likes this.
  3. NexusTootsie

NexusTootsie Well-Known Member

I like that widget too. Reading your words, I'm not clear but I think you're saying the stock app is a pita but you can live with it.

if I can I'm going to find something to make this more efficient and usable. I don't know that there is one but there's something...damn, I saw something last night when tooling around but I lost it but I'll find it again...someone added a "gmail notification app"? maybe. In any case someone did something that might help. It's not impossible but it bugs me.

I'm old. I'm shooting for perfection before I go into that dark night. ;o
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Sorta :p

I just use the standard gmail app now, but K9-Mail has worked fine for me on other devices.