emails

Last Updated:

1. t3monkey boy

t3monkey boy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

im having email probs with my hero, i have 3 accounts set up on the phone, blueyonder(virgin media) hotmail and gmail.

I use my blueyonder account for my job and it is important that emails reach me in a timely manner, i have come from a blackberry so no probs there.

The porblem i am having is the dont always come through straight away, i have the phone set to check server every 5 mins, yesterday evening at 18.00 i received 9 mails all at once which had been sent from 14.00 onwards in the afternoon. I have also have had it when emails have come through a day late.

Does anyone get the same problems, is this a phone problem or a virgin media problem, i suppose it could be a connection problem but i have wifi at my home and this was on from when i got home.

Anybody have any ideas, cheers in advance

Advertisement
  2. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

Do you have the accounts set up using imap or pop3 ?

3. t3monkey boy

t3monkey boy Member This Topic's Starter

Pop3 I think? My Blueyonder account was set up automatically with my username and password.what's the difference? Thanks for the reply.

Just chrcked its POP3..

4. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

5. peejay

peejay Well-Known Member

I get the same thing and I think its a WiFi problem.
    I have noticed that if I have Wifi on and try to download something from market, often the download does not proceed. Sometimes I get a message saying there was a network error and selecting retry will then cause the download to proceed. However, sometimes I do not get the notice and market just sits there thinking its downloading, I have to turn Wifi off and back on and then the download starts. If I have Wifi turned off, the download proceeds immediately over 3g.
    The Wifi seems to lose the ability to send/receive data even tho it thinks it still has a connection and I think this is why I get mail late at home where I have Wifi. At work, with Wifi off, I have no problems.