• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ematic Eglide XL Pro wont boot all the way

ryan74

Lurker
Mar 8, 2013
Tablet info:
Ematic Eglide XL Pro internet tablet & HD video player
10" screen & Android
4gb built in flash
Android 4.0 OS

This is a friends tablet he bought without a charger. Worked fine until low battery and it shut off. No charger so it sat for a month.
I have a charger so I charged it overnight.
With the charger connected it will turn on and flash Ematic splash screen for 1sec. and shut off.
With the charger disconnected it will turn on, show Ematic splash screen for 5sec., then it goes black with flashing cursor in upper left corner for a few seconds, then black screen with the text 'Android_' about 1/3 down on screen. It stays here until I power off.

I have tried a hard reset, wiped data, and even unplugged battery with no change.I am stuck at this point.
Is there a fix for this?
Do I need software/firmware and where do I get it?(Icant find it online)
If my only choice is to root and install something else I need a simple guide on how to.

Also-When connected to xppro it shows in my computer as 6 different drives labeled removable disc. If I try to access any of them it says insert disc. I agree it is probly a corrupt/damaged rom.
I cant post pics on first post.

Update-Sorry just realized I posted in wrong spot.
I have this.(the upc matches)
Ematic eGlide XL Pro EGLXP101B
Ematic eGlide XL Pro 10" Capacitive Screen Android Tablet - Black (817707010269) Details and Product Specifications - Epinions.com

Reactions: paraquito

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones