• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anybody else received a weather emergency alert on this device yet? I did last night. It came in via a text message. What I want to know is if I can turn this off and also how the heck to you delete the message?
Goto Settings in the stock Messages app, Emergency alerts. There are 4 levels of alerts. I believe you can't disable the Presidential alert if you are not rooted.

Upvote 0
Goto Settings in the stock Messages app, Emergency alerts. There are 4 levels of alerts. I believe you can't disable the Presidential alert if you are not rooted.

Ahh...!! thx!.. Now how do I delete the one I got.. If I long press all I get is a menu to View it. If I go setting delete, that message does not show to be able to delete it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones