Emergency Call buttonSupport

Last Updated:

1. tphillips84

tphillips84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The button..although im aware will be usefull in an emergency is annoying.. is there anyway that this button can be removed? im not on a rooted device either

Advertisement
  2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

Im at a loss as what you mean.

As far as I can see the 'Assistance' is activated by holding both volume keys for 3 seconds or more. This can be turned off in Settings>My Device but I dont see a button to remove though.... Screenshot?

3. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's talking about on the lock screen. At the bottom it says Emergency Calls.
    I honestly dont know if its possible to disable it as I think its like a safety feature.

tphillips84 likes this.
  4. tphillips84

tphillips84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yes this was what i ment. i forever catching it when i get my phone out ... never mind i guess il have to live in hope !

5. rhys8582

rhys8582 New Member

FIXED IT! Okay, not totally. I couldn't get rid of the emergency call button, but by downloading sqllite editor I was able to edit the emergency contact and change the number to NOT 911. I set mine to 12345 so when pressed it just "cannot complete the call as dialed". No more pocket 911 calls. Here's what I did.
    Root the phone
    Download SuperSU
    Download SQLite Editor (costs money, but you really only need it for 5 minutes, you could always REFUND it when you're done, but $5 is a small price to pay for this fix, and you never know when you might need to edit another database.....)
    Open SQLite Editor and navigate to data --> data --> com.android.providers.contacts --> databases -->contacts2.db --> emergency
    Select the only entry and click edit (pencil icon)
    Change the number to whatever you want. I don't advise an actual working number because then you'll be pocket calling them instead, but whatever floats your boat. Hope this helps!

6. DaveOK

DaveOK New Member

That worked on my S4 Active SGH-I537. A big thanks from me and local cops. But I here is another 911 contact that I would like to change.

Lock screen, hit emergency call, hit contact button on lower left then hit dial. There is only 1 contact there and it is under ICE emergency contacts

Where would I find that one?