Emergency calls only X10a AT&TSupport

Last Updated:

1. smartcard

smartcard Well-Known Member

I bought a AT&T X10a from Ebay, which came with brand new box and intact with all items.

When I switched on, I found the phone is in Emergency mode, and it is not doing anything other than giving me the phone dial pad.

Please let me know how to move further?

Advertisement
  2. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

You have to insert your working SIM card.

Then hit the Menu button, goto Wireless and Network, then scroll to the bottom and select Mobile, Network Operators and select your provider.

When you turn on the phone is it detecting the SIM card?

Whatever, easiest and best thing to do is to wipe the phone clean before you use it.

Install SEUS or PC Companion from the Sony website and reflash the phone.

Check to see if the phone has an SDCard in it too....might want to format that too...clean it.

Who knows what the previous owner had on the phone.
  3. smartcard

Hello, my phone is simlocked by AT&T and I have to unlock it. Do you mean without a valid SIM from AT&T or simunlocking I will not the use the phone's other apps?
  4. beau420

If you aren't with AT&T and you want to debrand and root it, then you probably want to download the x10 Flashtool, a generic copy of the x10a.

Then just flash the phone.

Here is what I started a couple weeks ago.

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/420821-problem-installing-xrecovery-2-3-a.html

Basically just a couple steps.

Here is an old page you might wanna read over before you do anything:

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/208794-de-rebrand-your-x10i.html
  5. smartcard

Hello beau420.

I am not with AT&T and okay debrand and root it, but should I still simunlock to root it?
  6. beau420

Install x10 Flashtool.

Turn off phone and remove the battery

After you have downloaded the generic x10i or x10a FTF file and set it up to install in the x10 Flashtool.

Plug in USB cable to phone and PC, hit button to flash phone in the x10 Flashtool, it will ask you to turn on the phone holding the back button.

Hold the back button on the phone and pop in the battery. The message on the screen will change, you can stop holding back.

On the phone a green LED will be lit.....it will say it is flashing.

[Q] Why does flashing generic not remove sim lock? - xda-developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1294261
  7. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Gotta activate the phone, call AT&T and they'll walk you through it
  8. smartcard

I am not living in US, and trying to use the phone of America.
  9. smartcard

Thanks for all your help, I used flashtool and completed the job successfully:).
  10. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Would have been helpful if you had given that info initially, it's kind of important.