Emergency Calls OnlySupport

Last Updated: 2013-10-22 14:54:34
  1. androidnewbie2

androidnewbie2 Well-Known Member

I purchased a new AT&T Galaxy S4 and had it setup and working just fine with my Straight Talk AT&T sim card. I then decided I didn't want to keep it and would like to sell it so I did a factory reset and then removed my sim card from the phone. I transferred my phone service from the sim card back to my iphone which is CDMA. I put the non-activated sim card back in the Galaxy S4 to see what would happen and the phone says Emergency Calls Only - usually one can still call their carrier's customer service using their three digit number like 611 or *611 but the Galaxy S4 won't let me because it says Emergency Calls Only. I tried an unactivated T-Mobile sim card and got the same Emergency Calls Only and wasn't able to dial out to customer service using their 611. Now, I want to sell this phone but am worried it won't work for someone else because of this. Did I break it or is this normal? Will the phone work when someone puts in their working provisioned AT&T sim card in it? I don't remember having this issue with my old Galaxy S3. I'm kind of freaking out now because I spent about $550 on this phone and want out. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me. I don't have a "non-working" sim to test though.

I know the old feature phones you could dial CS, but I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers "broke" that feature while upgrading their networks to LTE.
    androidnewbie2 likes this.