Emergency Dialer

1. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of my Droid going to the Emergency Dialer and dialing numbers in my pocket. It happens at least two times a day. The keyboard slides out too easily, and when that happens, the screen goes on, and my leg presses emergency call. It's just ridiculous! I need an app that just makes it so the screen does not turn on when the keyboard is slid out, only if I press the power button. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Go back to the non password slide lock.
  3. riffdex

Not an option for me. I can't risk my personal information being abused if I lost my phone. Are my only options insecure data vs constant pocket dialing? Come on Verizon, you can do better than this... much better.
  4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Lock 2.0 - Full v3.9.3 Application for Android | Entertainment

Password lock option. I can't vouch for it working on the Moto Droid, and I think there is a demo version.
    Let me know if this works - I couldn't find a screenshot of the password lock screen to see if it has an emergency button or not.

IMHO, tell VZW to get you a new one. Loose keyboards seem to be an issue lately.
    Nick

PS - this is my 600th post, so my suggestion should work ;)
  5. riffdex

I'll try it when I get a chance (in the middle of something atm) but thought I'd bump this just to see if anyone else has any ideas. Personally I don't think I have a faulty slider or anything, phones get worn down over time and I think my phone has held up exceptionally well regardless of not having a 100% tight slider :) I don't think we should treat this as a hardware problem as much as much as a software problem. We should be able to disable the emergency call button or make it so the phone does not turn on when the slider is slid (IMO) >.< Hell maybe they could even just make it so the screen doesn't turn on until the slider is 75% out, or all the way out. I notice that I only have to push the slider about a quarter of an inch before it turns on (a gesture that happens quite a lot in my pocket, but the phone never slides out completely when it's in my pocket.
  6. riffdex

7. riffdex

Bump

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. riffdex

9. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

So...was today's "bump" because you're still in the middle of something..or because this didn't work??:D
  10. PennState

PennState Active Member

11. riffdex

Wasnt what Im lookin for. Im kinda hoping for something that would simply disable the "slider wake" function, rather than a lockscreen replacement. >.