Emergency firmware recovery ...Support

1. foreverjammin

foreverjammin New Member

Before I post, I just want to say I'm sorry if this problem has already been raised is posted elsewhere ... if it is please feel free to direct me to the right place!

So last night I tried to update my S3 via Kies (I'm a Mac OS X user), and during the upgrade there was an issue and said my phone needed emergency firmware recovery and I got a pop up box with a message to say use the code below, however a code wasn't supplied. I thought I'd try my luck and and try emergency recovery anyway, but my phone didn't come up in the list of devices that needed emergency recovery. I tried a few times/uninstalled/rebooted computer etc but with no luck.

This morning I phoned up Samsung Tech support (extremely unhelpful) and told me I had to go to my local service centre to get my phone 'reflashed', so I went. I get there and they said they couldn't do anything and that my phone needed to be sent away for repair. I then phoned up Samsung again, by this time extremely irate, and they just said they will send me out a jiffy bag and all I have to do is wait ...

On my way home I went to the Geek Squad @ Carphone Warehouse in the hope they might be able to do something. They tried to emergency recover my firmware from their computer but no luck and then got up the Odin Download screen (pressed vol down, home and power buttons) and said to wait, but to be honest he didn't have a clue and admitted that. I asked if he'd had any other issues like this with the S3 and he said none ... he said to wait and if I had no luck I to go back and get it sent away.

I came home and searched around the net for ages to do with everything related but couldn't find any real help so this is my last resort - I'm hoping I can sort this out before I have to send it away. I've tried to root my phone but again no luck.

Would be really grateful for any help/support/advice.
    Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum foreverjammin and thanks for joining.

If your phone boots into download mode it should be recoverable. All it should take is to flash some firmware with Odin. If you let me know which variant of the gs3 you have I'll be able to find you some firmware to flash. The only problem is that you have a mac and Odin only works with Windows. So you might have to borrow a mates pc or laptop if possible.
    berryracer likes this.
  3. foreverjammin

foreverjammin New Member

Thanks Shotgun. Stupid question, but what do you mean by variant?
  4. Shotgun84

International (i9300), T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T or Sprint
  5. foreverjammin

foreverjammin New Member

International GT-i9300 (Am on O2 UK if that's relevant?)
  6. Shotgun84

If it was brought directly from 02 and you want to stay carrier branded download your firmware from here
    SamMobile Firmware Page

If you got your phone from carphone warehouse or Amazon etc and is unbranded download the latest firmware (BLG8) from here
    [Stock Official Firmwares] I9300XXBLG8 (4.0.4) - United Kingdom (BTU) [27-07-12] - xda-developers

Once you have downloaded your firmware follow the guide in this link to flash
    [Guide+ROMS]Odin Flash+Root Guide & Stock Firmwares LE4/6/8/9/F/D, LF1/2 - xda-developers
  7. Darkax

Darkax Well-Known Member

Go to setting-about device, there you should see your model number.
  8. foreverjammin

foreverjammin New Member

Thanks for all of that :) I'll let you know how I get on!
  9. Shotgun84

No problem. Good luck
  10. hhhunk

hhhunk New Member

SAME HAPPEN TO ME with galaxy s advance what to do? using windows os
  11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

How about the Odin app if he cant get to a pc SG mate?
    Plus will his phone still get ota or be classed as "modified"?
  12. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Try the Galaxy S forum bro. Think theyl guide you better. But if you mean s3 then follow the advice above.
    Good luck
  13. im2crazy

im2crazy New Member

Asking for recovery mode in kies, so I want emergency recovery firmware code for kies plz me anyone
    :confused: