Emergency Icon on HTC DreamSupport

Last Updated:

1. kken

kken New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 3, 2009
    Is there any way i can delete the emergency icon from the htc dream?The reason i lock the phone is so i don't accidentally rub the phone up against my leg while its in my pocket and dail a number.Even if i pattern lock the phone the emergency button is still vulnerable to be pressed and dialed.

Is there a app that will allow me to just have a slider pattern like the iphone to lock and a message saying slide to right to unlock?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.

2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I don't know if it's possible, but I do know that legally HTC/Android/T-Mobile had to put that link on there. There's some FCC regulation that states that a cell phone, even with keys locked, still has to be able to dial 911. If you're within range of ANY tower, the owner of that tower is required by law to route that 911 call, even if you're not one of their clients or customers, absolutely free. In fact, you don't have to have a sim card, or a contract, or pre-paid minutes, or anything to call 911. Just have to have a working battery, radio, and be close to any cell tower. If you look at your bill you'll see some sort of regulatory fees, and that's what pays for this free service.