EMERGENCY! Low memory, phone almost gone!Support

1. TakashiStormii

TakashiStormii New Member

So, my girlfriend has the p.o.s. Motorola Flipside, and over the last few months has encountered the "low memory" issue several times. Well, now it is fatal. The phones internal memory is now down to under 3mb, and there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this! Used to be able to fix, or at least, post-pone this problem by resetting the phone. That no longer helps at all.

Before I go any further, let me stress... I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR THE LAST 24 HOURS AND I AM NOT DUMB. So please don't suggest a factory reset (which I have now done 3 times), removing unneeded apps (there are none left on the phone/even removed some motoblur stuff with Titanium), or clearing cache (seriously?).

The phone is no longer accepting text messages or phone calls due to the shockingly low memory. I can't even install apps to try and fix it, since there is not enough room to install anything. The only apps I have functional on here are Titanium and Terminal. I have rooted the phone to try and fix whatever is wrong, but to no avail.

I have no read nearly every forum post on this issue, and none seem to offer a real fix for this. One of our forums got close, but the guy didn't give a step-by-step on how to actually pinpoint the problem file and fix it (at least, not in a way that I could understand it). He said the issue was with the /data/local.prop.bak (a file that I could not even find in the Terminal).

I really don't want to have to go deal with AT&T, but it is looking like that is my only option at this point. Is there ANYONE on here that thinks they can help?

Advertisement
    :