emergency mode

Last Updated: 2012-07-25 21:23:19
  1. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

i got my phone to boot but i did it throw emergency mode and now i dont have signal what can i do to go signal back

Advertisement
  2. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

You flashed the tot file through Download (emergency) mode??

If you started the flashing process through download mode instead of starting while in Android, LGNPST wouldn't have backed up your NVRAM so your NVRAM would not have been restored after the flashing process

Without your NVRAM settings your phone is useless as a phone. It has lost the information required to connect with the cellular network. Activating might bring back voice but you will have also lost your aaa key which will prevent data access and there is no way to recover aaa key

If this is the case time for a new phone!!!
  3. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

if i have incurance can i get a new one or no
  4. Beno3000

Beno3000 Member

If your insurance covers water damage I'd toss in a sink of running water.

Opps!

Read your insurance terms carefully, and rooting directions as well.
  5. Beno3000

Beno3000 Member

Where'd you get it? You may want to play dumb and try to return it first.
  6. Hashtag

Hashtag Well-Known Member

I realize that this was made 15 days ago, but just in case it hasn't been taken care of yet I will throw something in. Slutyman the exact same thing happened to me when we were testing the root in the very beginning. Call up VM, tell them that you have no service, bla bla bla, and they will send you a new one. I didn't have insurance and they send one to me. You'll get it in like 4 days. Brand new one.
  7. funkmastert

funkmastert Member

To second Hashtag's post. Just be really nice, describe your inability to use your phone, and ask for a replacement. They will then transfer you to their tech support department to complete the process. As long as the phone is activated on your account, they will replace it, sending you a new phone and an envelope to mail your bricked phone back for free. I just recently did this. If you have a backup phone you can activate it after you receive their order confirmation e-mail (But not before! Else, they will tell you they cannot submit the order unless the phone is currently activated on your plan). In fact my backup (an Optiimus Slider) has its own problems and I called them up and am also getting a replacement for it, for free, since even only being temporarily activated now it is also covered under their RMA policy. So, in short this week I replaced two phones, no questions asked, just by being nice and carefully describing my problems with the handsets. I wish you luck!