1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

.eml viewer?

Last Updated:

1. zzany

zzany New Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone know an app that can open a .eml file? It's really annoying not being able to open them. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. hanani

hanani New Member

Hi guys - Any suggestion for an app which can read .eml format ? using SGS GTI9000 android 2.2

Thanks

3. popovski

popovski Member

Currently, you can use K9 mail and it will open .eml files sent as attachments.

If you store .eml files in a folder, you won't be able to open them. As a temporary fix, you could change the file extension to .txt on your PC, and that will allow you to see the email messages (with all headers and html formatting) as pure text.

I have asked encryptomatic.com who offer en .eml viewer for Windows, and they tell me that they may offer an .eml viewer app for Android later this year.

4. ordcavms

ordcavms Member

Found a new app, eml viewer beta, in market. Works with my cm7 evo. Once installed, open the attachment and it works!

5. MartinUol

MartinUol New Member

You can also check out EmlViewer Pro. It can open different types of email file.

Here is the link

emlviewer.com.

6. heikoman

heikoman New Member

For reading eml-Files you can use emlViewer, OfficeSuite, and 'E-Mail' (on galaxy phones). But if you want to browse your eml-files with a file manager on your smartphone, you will not know what is in a file until you open the file, because the eml-files are named like this (00C50136-000008E6.eml, 00E17674-00000912.eml). If you want to have eml-file-names that show all the header information (from, to, date, about), use PSTViewerPro on your PC to rename the files.

7. luda3455

luda3455 Member

Hi,

You can try Documento - office viewer - for open eml. file, I'ts work for me :)

8. uglyicons

uglyicons Member

Hi

I have written a small utility for Android: EML Reader FREE
    (you'll find it on the Market)

It's very simple at the moment, but does what I needed it for: read various fields from an EML file, add contacts from it, show the HTML with inline images, manage attachments (save, open, share).
    It's also able to open EML attachments directly from GMail native app. Of course also from any file browser.

It's totally free (it's just a simple tool, nothing fancy)

I'd really welcome suggestions for improvement, bug notices and feature requests.

Thanks

Paolo