Emoji icons with stock keyboard?Support

Last Updated:

1. hemplacrosse4

hemplacrosse4 Well-Known Member

Has there really been no solution for Emoji icons with the stock keyboard even with Jelly Bean? I really do like the stock messaging app but the lack off Emoji has forced me to go to handcent which is alright, but so many options make very confusing I just want a simple messaging app with not a lot of extra junk/ads. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot guys really liking this phone!

Advertisement
  2. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

@ Ren I can't find an option in the JB KB to use emojis.
    Is this option only available in the donate version?
    In the text correction section mine doesn't have "add on dictionaries."
  4. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

Heck. I haven't tried it either. If there's no way to add dictionaries, then I dont think there's a way to add emojis.

Scratch what I said, OP. Sorry. Maybe there is a replacement keyboard in the market with emoji support????
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I saw the add dictionary option in a few videos and some android sites I read. We're all using the same version so I don't understand why there isn't an add dictionary option.
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

I just stumbled on this Emoji keyboard.

However it does mention this:
  7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Ditto with Handcent. Emojis only display on Android phones using Handcent, or on iPhones.
  8. almath

almath Well-Known Member

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...y.free&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

This is the one I found, haven't paid for pro yet. All the emojis don't appear though

😀😫😩😆😋😎😴😈😕😐😺😸😻😼🙀😿😹😾👹🌟💫💥💧👟👖🎽👚👛👓💕💞💌💋💭💬👥👤

It's a start, right?
    MusicJunkie likes this.
  9. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

11. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Nope they're not, you have to select the specific keyboard to select emojis or symbols. The jellybean keyboard is not half bad I'm just so used to swyping that individual letters drive me nuts!
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  12. hemplacrosse4

hemplacrosse4 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys so far for your input! The android 4.2 keyboard is pretty nice but I still haven't found the option to do Emoji icons on it at all or if there is another apk file you have to download in order to get them working on that keyboard. Another question I have which I think a lot of people are going to be wondering, is there a way to get the keyboard to slide over like the Samsung one handed keyboard?
  13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

And the search continues. If I'm not mistaken, the issue with android and Emjois have to do with Apple snatching them. I remember reading about that back when I was really interested in the iPhone like I am with the Note 2.
  14. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Are you just talking about smiley faces? On the gs3 i can hit menu then select insert smiley and a list of them come up while writing a text message. In on ics tho..
  15. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Are those smilies green androids? Those are not what I'd call real emojis. Those green androids are tacky as can be!
  16. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Haha yeah i guess i don't really use them so i never gave them much thought but i see your point
  17. baileylab

baileylab Member

i DLd go sms then also DLd the keyboard. it's in the play store

i was shocked the note 2 didnt have that option considering i was very happy with my emojis on my iphone 4s

so now i'm happy i have emojis!
  18. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

That's just it. iPhone seem to have exclusivity on real emojis built in. We get the green 'droids. We can't do hearts or stop signs or anything else that comes in an actually emoji set unless we find an app for that.
  19. baileylab

baileylab Member

actually i DL'd the emojis on my iphone 4s
  20. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

iOS 6 they're built into the OS.
  21. zbisgr8

zbisgr8 New Member

You can download the Go SMS pro app. It is a 3rd party sms messenger you can add to your phone. You can veiw emogi's and send emogi's with the emogi add on to that app.
  22. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

What about when you want to use emoji's on Instagram?
  23. baileylab

baileylab Member

i got my iphone 4s last feb so it was still not on iOS6. hence i have to DL them
  24. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

iOS 6 didn't come on the 4S so yes it had to be downloaded. iPhone 5 running iOS 6 has them built in.
    Anything else?
  25. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Well-Known Member

really?

i had this on my nexus... i could see some smileys they are not emojis like in Whatsapp and iphone and they didnt show up on my own screen when i chose it...