• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emoticons

brada

Lurker
Feb 23, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 with Android 4.4.2 , I'm still new in the system before that, I use IOS and is quite different. I guess hat I am installed some emoticons that I don't need of them because there are different from default(i think so). When I press the emoticons button from message menu they looks different from keyboard button.For example keyboard emoticons looks different from whatsapp emoticons. I'm reseted two times from start and stil nothing.
they look like this :
Screenshot_2015-02-23-16-50-30.png

But i think must be :
Screenshot_2015-02-23-16-53-24.png

Last edited:
Hi @brada and welcome to Android Forums :)

Your question doesn't appear to be device-specific, and it sounds like it's more likely related to an application, so I moved your post to the Android Applications subforum. :thumbsupdroid:

To address your query, it sounds like the messaging app (Whatsapp, I believe?) includes its own set of emoticons in addition to those bundled with your keyboard. It's really just up to you which set of emoticons you prefer - just know that you'll only be able to use the Whatsapp ones within that app, while you can use the keyboard ones anywhere else. :)

Hope that helps! :D

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
First I want to ask how Samsung comes with which emoticons Because I guess that it come with emoticons like picture two, and for first time I saw that was with emoticons every were like in whatsapp application and then I install some keyboards that I'm deleted already and when I write message now look like picture one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones