Employee discount does not go towards the $10 premium data?

Last Updated:

1. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looking at my first bill from Sprint has me scratching my head. They only took 20% from the 69.99 Everything Data, and then added 10.00 for premium data. Is this right?

I understand the employee discount won't effect the total equipment protection or taxes and fees, but surely the 10 dollar premium data isn't immune to the discount??

Advertisement
  2. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Apparently it is. Just like the original iphones plan was immune to discounts back when I got it, this one appears to be.

3. cesjr02

Well I just got confirmation from Sprint, the 10 dollar data is not eligible for a discount. I didn't have the energy to make a big stink about it. I guess this was in the fine fine print somewhere.

4. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been discussed before. The $10 add-on is immune to discounts like insurance is.

5. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

I asked at the store while they were activating my Evo, and they told me the $10 wasn't discounted. A little arbitrary to exclude that from the discount, but nothing to storm out of the store over.

6. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Only the base plans get discounts - any "add-ons" don't get discounted I believe.

7. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

My $5 family locator is discounted. Go figure....

Also, each of the add-on lines is discounted, but that might be considered part of the base plan.

8. tech411

tech411 Active Member

My bill did not have my 15% discount taken off the $10.00 either.

9. jtreminio

jtreminio Member

Weird ... I was told I'd be getting a 25% monthly discount, and they even had a spreadsheet opened that showed me est. monthly bill with taxes would be $68 a month.

Here's hoping I don't have to storm the store!

10. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

They havnt even added the 10$ to my bill yet. I did an upgrade and its like nothing ever changed, except that my phone shows HTC Evo 4G instead of Palm Pre

11. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

This sucks.

12. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

i was disappointed to find this out as well because i was repeatedly told that my discount would be applied to any add-on except for insurance. i don't quite understand that if it is technically a required fee like the monthly plan itself, how come it is not discounted like the plan? i just graduated and am counting my money closely. it is about $60 additional during the life of the contract that i hadn't planned to spend.

13. metrowarrior79

metrowarrior79 Member

I was told by 2 Sprint reps that it would be discounted and was told by another 2 Sprint reps that it would not be discounted. Go figure...

14. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

That's because it is the first time it's be applied and no one knew the answer.

Everyone just guessed. I knew the insurance wasn't discounted but I would have assumed the EVO tax would be.

15. metrowarrior79

metrowarrior79 Member

I assumed the same, anyone know if they are discounting the mobile hotspot $30 charge or not?

16. wacktool

wacktool Member

Same here, they told me the 25% would apply to the 69.99 and the 10.00. I hope so.

17. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

They told me it would apply also, my monthly bill before should be $64.

18. cesjr02

Here's a quote directly from the corporate discount acceptance email.

"Your discount applies to all of your monthly charges except Total
    Equipment Protection plan of $7.00."

With that simple and clear statement one could even assume that surcharges would fit in this category as well, even though I originally didn't count on it.

19. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting this at all. I really thought the discount would apply.

20. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

That's because when that was written there was no "premium data" plan to discount (or not to discount).

21. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

It's a little annoying it doesn't cover it, and the worst part is that you DO get taxed on the $10 charge as well...

22. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Yeah it was worse for the iPhone. I only got a discount for the voice part of my plan, not for the data or text add-on.

23. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nope! I have this on my bill and I called and asked why it wasnt discounted like the "phone as modem" $30 charge was, and the rep told me that Sprint is supposed to be charging us $60 for the Hotspot feature so we're already getting a discount. *BS*. I always respected Sprint for not trying to nickel and dime its customers the way the other carriers did, guess all good things come to an end. "EVERY" monthly recurring service sans insurance is supposed to be discounted. This is the deal Sprint made with corporations for purchasing plans in bulk, that is why its called a corporate discount. So Sprint gets a big booooo for this one. Im starting to believe that this Evo has an Apple logo embedded somewhere in the hardware. Sprint finally has a successful phone and immediately begins to adopt At&t's practices and policies.... WOW!

24. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Yeah I did not get this at all. This is a MANDATORY premium so it should be apart of the base plan price, making the whole thing eligible for the discount. We have no choice with the $10 add on.

25. awayne

awayne Well-Known Member

$60.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that was just a crazy dumb remark from the rep... I would call back in and complain some more. They know that very few people would ever take the wifi feature for $60.00 a month.