1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

emulated?Support

1. scottpotblack

scottpotblack New Member

Hey everyone this is the first time I've posted here, basically when I go to my files and click on one of the folders it says /storage/emulated/0 is this correct or has it got something to do with me downloading the retro emulators? Plus I have a galaxy s4
    Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Scott, and welcome to AF :)

No, nothing to do with anything you've downloaded. It's using part of the internal storage to emulate an sd card. I imagine you'll find that /storage/emulated/0 is the same as /sdcard, just different ways of addressing it.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This is one of the most ill-thought out parts of Android.

If you are familiar with Unix you will know that there are links and symbolic links which are used to refer to a storage location. They are rather like the index entries in a text book. More than one entry in the index can refer to the same section of the book.

Android has a thoroughly confusing multiplicity of ways to refer to the internal and external storage locations as well as several names for them. I am an old hand at Unix but I still find the numerous ways in which the storage areas in Android are referred to confusing but Hadron is spot on. This is nothing to do with anything you have downloaded or to do with emulators.