Emulators work!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog and ToeJam & Earl all morning on my Droid using Gensoid Lite.

The ROMs are hit or miss (I went through 2 before finding a ToeJam & Earl one that worked) and sometimes you get an error, but they run amazingly with full sound and everything :D

I never thought I'd like a physical keyboard but now it's my favorite part of the phone thanks to these emulators :p

Edit: So far I only have ToeJam & Earl, Sonic the Hedgehog and Shining Force II working. Downloaded Streets of Rage II and Super Street Fighter II but they wouldn't load so I'm still looking for new ones...

Also, I own all these games on the original Genesis in case any mods are concerned about copyright stuff =P

Advertisement
  2. travva

travva Well-Known Member

are there any decent snes emulators on android?

3. Droidood

I think so, the same developer made a bunch of emulators including NES and SNES... I haven't tried those yet.

I've been having good luck with ROMs from ROMnation.net. They have multiple versions of almost everything and I got all the games I wanted to work now.

Any thoughts I had about returning this phone have now vanished :D

4. travva

travva Well-Known Member

well jeez droidood, by all means, don't tell us what games or app you're using. share the wealth bro!

5. Droidood

Oh lol I thought it'd be obvious because they're the first ones that come up when you search for emulators :p

I now have Gensoid, SNESoid and NESoid, all of which work perfectly!

For SNESoid I've only downloaded Super Mario World and it worked first try. For NES I have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 (the best one imo :D) and those also worked on the first try.

SMB 3 was from The Old Computer | Nintendo Nes Roms M to Z, Nes rom, Nintendo Entertainment System Roms because ROMnation complies with legal requests not to carry it lol

6. blackcobra95

blackcobra95 Member

Damn right they do!!! :)

7. HensonChi

HensonChi New Member

Can someone post step by step instructions?

8. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

And.....do the lite (free) editions work?

9. landis73

landis73 Active Member

I downloaded the free versions, and if I don't load any roms in any of them, then exit the program, they all trigger an error and require a force close.