• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Emulators?

There are many Emulator apps out there...just depends on what platform you want to emulate. You can discuss them fine. Just cannot link directly to ROMs and sites for ROMs, as that is the illegal part to it.

NESoid, SNESoid, and GBAoid are all great emulators by one developer. They work great.

I'd love an Intellivision Emulator or a MAME type emulator for our phones (MAME = Multi Arcade Machine Emulation)

Upvote 0
If you already have ROMs, just put them on your SD card. When you run the emulator it will ask you to select them. ROM Gripper not only finds the ROMs but allows you to download them too. I'm assuming ROM Buddy does as well, but again, you have to pay for that one, and the comments on the Market say that ROM Gripper has a larger selection anyway.

If you decide to use one of the ROM apps from the Market, they create a folder to save the ROMs too. It is defaulted to the SD card but you can change it. It creates one called /SD/ROM and then subfolders for the emulator type (GBA/NES/SNES/etc.).

Depending on the emulator you may need a BIOS file as well, such as with the GBA emulator. ROM Gripper has that as well I believe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones