Enable A2DP?Support

Last Updated:

1. justix

justix Member This Topic's Starter

I just started Pandora up on my shiny new Epic but the audio does not stream to my BT headset by default apparently and I cannot figure out how to make it so. I have the new Blueant Q2 and have been streaming music on my Palm Pre prior to today. Any Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. maclarenjc

maclarenjc New Member

I have same question. I looked through manual and did some internet searches so far with no luck.

3. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

I am a Sprint employee and Epic 4G owner (for a little over a week) and have no problems streaming stereo to my Moto S9 stereo BT headset. I can stream direct from Pandora, the built in Music player as well TuneWiki, no problems with any of them. There's nothing I did special. I paired my Moto S9 headset like normal and it auto detects it as A2DP streaming compliant.

Having owned almost a dozen BT headsets over the years, and even a few mono-ear models that "support A2DP" streaming music, I've had the worst luck with getting reliable music streaming to non stereo BT headsets. I know you said your Pre did it, but guessing the Epic doesn't use the same BT chipset and certainly not the same drivers (different OS).

Hopefully a near future update will resolve this minor issue. Thanks for being a Sprint customer and new Epic 4G owner!

4. justix

justix Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to get A2DP working on the Epic after I updated to the latest firmware for the Q2.

5. rocdred

rocdred New Member

I just got my SoundId paired to play music with my new Epic, although it sounded pretty lame.

Pretty sure a wired headphone would sound a lot better.

Worked though, so it did what it's supposed to.

I have a 510 and a new 520 is coming with android support. Hoping i didn't buy too early. Would suck if the 510 won't be compatable. I love their headphones. Very clear and comfortable. Hardly anyone knows them. Check it out! :) Even if music isn't so great, the phone sound is!

The tech guy i talked to didn't know if the 510 will be compatable, so make sure you find out before buying one. Might mean waiting til the new one comes out if you want your phone to have an app for the headphone.

RocD