• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root enable ad-hoc networking

JamesCozzby

Feb 21, 2012
Hi i tried using the WiFi ad-hoc enabler app, and it did indeed cause all wifi to stop functioning. i have a second dart device, and both are rooted, so is there a way to get the wpa_supplicant file from the one that still works and copy it over and replace it on the one that doesnt work? or would it be simpler to edit the wpa_supplicant file myself? and if it turns out that the wpa_supplicant file isnt the only problem, is there a way to copy the entire rom from the one that works and flash it over to the one that doesnt work (without any chance of bricking the one that is working)? Any help is greatly appreciated, and step by step directions is a big help. Thanks

i think i found the original rom, but not sure how to use odin. the rom is a "one package" and i know how to select it in odin, but i don't know what other options to check. for example, do i leave the ops file selection blank? and also when i am ready to flash, what do i need to do to prepare the device? example, enable usb debugging, un mount sd card, connect usb cable, etc. im using odin v4.38. all help is greatly appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones