Enabled Auto Matic update for market apps, still won't auto updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So one of the cool things about Froyo is being able to check off Enable Automatic Update for market apps. So i have that checked off for like 80+% of my 80+ apps (that took a while to do let me tell you). Now i have had three apps have updates available since i checked off the box, yet they never actually automatically updated. I waited, hours, still never updated. Is there a setting i need to modify? Do i need to tell it what time of day to do it? Anyone else noticing this?? I only really want it in apps that i don't care about reading the new features. But it is annoying that i have it enabled and it does nothing. :(

Advertisement
  2. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member

I don't suggest anyone use automatic update even if it does work. Update doesn't mean upgrade. I have seen many features removed in updates. Also, I have seen compatibility issues. For example, something that used to be for DX, now only works for the HTC Evo, because the developer no longer has a DX, and got the Evo. I suggest ALWAYS reading all the latest user comments on the app before updating. Twidroid, soundhound, and Pandora are just a few examples. Hope this makes you feel better! Lol