1. Andrewdroid

Andrewdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

Andrewdroid likes this.
  3. Andrewdroid

Thanks. I rooted and downloaded Titanium Backup. Problem is if I need to restore everything I'd definitely need to have sideloading enabled (which is what I am actually trying to do).

Suggestions on how to proceed in the safest way without losing any of my stuff?

4. Andrewdroid

PS How did you brick your phone so I know what NOT to do.

5. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

I bricked trying to download the Cognition ROM on a rooted Eclair. I'm not totally sure how it happened, but I would not be surprised to learn that I did something totally wrong. lol

I thought I had Cognition loaded properly- it rebooted to a stock looking Touchwiz OS with pop up after pop up of error messages. It was a mess. I had to yank the battery and spend the rest of the day going back to stock, rooting and loading/side loading all of my apps back on.

6. Andrewdroid

Easily got this working using root explorer to copy the settings.db file to my SD card, then changing it with the sq-lite firefox plug-in as per the instructions... then using root explorer to paste the modify settings.db back where it belongs like the instructions say. All the stuff that uses sideloading works now.

Someone needs to make an app for this process though. Seems easy enough, or stick it into one click lag fix.